Requirements for a Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) Degree, Elementary Education Grades P-5
- Successful completion of one 36 hour minimum liberal studies emphasis area prior to enrolling in the MAT program, or completing the designated coursework as part of his/her MAT program of studies prior to the start of the Professional Semester.
- A program of study which includes all the required coursework with a minimum 3.0 overall grade point average.
- A program of study which includes at least 36 hours of coursework at the 500 or 600 level.
- At least 30 semester hours of graduate credit earned in residence at Bellarmine.
- Successful completion of 105 clock hours of field experience prior to the Professional Semester.
- Successful completion of all Benchmark, Disposition and Performance Assessments.
- Completion of all degree work within six years of the applicant’s first registration in his/her program.
Special Topics Seminars: Participation in a series of topic seminars will be required.
Note: Student may elect to add certification in Learning and Behavior Disorders. This will require additional course work to be determined by the Program Director.